Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What a Beautiful Day

For the second year in a row, I have gotten to see the back side of Cavett while observing his music class. It is an observation and not really a performance, but I am just so ready for the performance! Dad, Kendrick, and I were all present to witness the singing and hopping. I love to watch him in this setting, because it is so me. But, I don't want to push the issue or make him do anything he isn't into, but for now it's just fun. I'll take what I can get, because soon it will be all sports all the time. Enjoy the video.




This afternoon after putting Kendrick down for a nap, Cavett had found a Chick-Fil-A mini book from last year's "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" series. I read the segment to him and told him that it was part of a bigger book. We found it on the shelf in my room, turned the fireplace on and snuggled down in the big arm chair in the retreat. He sat still and listened to me read the first two chapters in the book. I promised him that I would read at least one chapter during quiet time everyday. Again, realizing that I won't have this forever, I forgot about my blogs, forgot about the laundry and didn't worry that toys were strewn everywhere. I savored the moment.




Then about 4:30 I got a call from a friend, Sarah Crum, who told me to look out the window--that it was SNOWING!!!! YES, in Houston, TX--SNOWING! It has been snowing for 4 1/2 hours now. It is melting when it hits the ground, but boy, is it beautiful! Dad got home shortly thereafter and took Cavett with him to pick-up Verdi. (He was found by a neighbor 2 blocks away, thank goodness!) In the meantime, Kendrick woke up and I dressed him in a shirt, a sweater and his warmest jacket, mittens and a hat. He was interested in why everyone was outside seeming to have fun, but after a while he was done being cold and his poor little nose. (Carpet burn from earlier this week with snot running out as well.) Cavett enjoyed the snow too playing with his friends on the street. There wasn't much to do with the snow, except maybe catch a few on your tongue and just enjoy watching it come down. But, we will take what we can get.








It was truly a beautiful day and I am so thankful to God for giving me this opportunity to share with my kids.

2 comments:

Claire said...

How fun and the soldiers look awesome- looks like you spent a fortune on those??! Did you??! Haha Great job and you are hired if you ever want to offer your skills...

Elle Bee said...

I'm always amazed about how I can love the simplest things about my daughter with such intensity. And then I think about how as a parent, God rejoices in the those same little things with each of his children, and I'm blown away once again at just how big he is.