Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Yard Art and Cookie Swap


During my annual trip to the Nutcracker Market, I saw a cute little wooden toy soldier for use outside during Christmas. I said, "I can do that!" My friends, Claire and Nichole had seen what we did with the Pumpkin at Halloween and encouraged us to do it again. I suggested that we make it a neighborhood thing and volunteered Stephen to do all the cutting.






We ended up having 2 other families, the Snows and the Buckners make yard art, but we had many more join us for cookies and playing in the street. Four hours later, we began to wind things up. I still have some detail work and the back to go, but for the most part I'm finished. I think they turned out pretty well.












Great job, Stephen! And, we are so blessed to have such fun, neighborly neighbors. If we ever have to leave, it will be a sad day. It will be hard to measure up to these friends.

No comments: