Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Birthday Pre-Cake




Kendrick's birthday is coming up in a little less than 2 weeks. We will be on the road for his birthday, so I need a cake that will transport and keep. I found just that. I am not giving out the recipe just yet, or showing/telling you what it is made out of. You will be so surprised!


This afternoon Cavett and I whipped up the cake and the icing. I put the icing on tonight and we dug in for a taste. It was fabulous and simple, (the icing wasn't terribly easy ((for as you know if you saw Julie and Julia simple and easy are different)) to make, but could be fun)! Oh, I can't wait to do the real thing with color and layers and everything!!!!! And yes, it is a fish themed birthday.


We are having our first playdate at the house with new friends here in Allen tomorrow and another is scheduled for Monday. We can't wait to share our treat!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Can't wait to find out what it is! I told Max about the playdate on Monday and he is super excited to meet a new friend.

Falcone Family said...

I suck! I am not looking into my favorite blogs as often as I would like. I am so sorry!

I can not wait to witness your latest creation!

ANd I would love to play catch with Cavett!

And I love the family pics! Hwo did you get Cavett to pose for the one on the bog cover? i love it! kendrick is beautiful!

I am now caught up!

Love you!
Brenda