Thursday, September 4, 2008

What Not to Wear








Last weekend while Brenda and her family were over we got to talking about fashion and clothes and how I needed a whole new fall wardrobe. We talked about the show What Not to Wear and decided that Brenda could be my "Stacy."


This afternoon I spent 2 hours going through the clothes in my closet and ended up with 2 garbage bags full of clothes, and 3 grocery sacks full of coat hangers. I reorganized and sorted. I threw out just about everything I hadn't worn in 5 years. Basically, it was a lot of teacher clothes from Talbots that are out of style or the wrong cut. Some of it I looked at and thought "what was I thinking???" It was kind of hard throwing out perfectly good wool pants that were lined (think at the waist with pleats!). But, I knew that even if they hung in my closet, I wasn't going to wear them. I'll donate them and somebody will enjoy them.


So, fashionista Brenda came over and went through my closet and threw out just a few more things and made a pile of clothes that need to be altered. She claims she has a great lady who is dirt cheap. Afterwards, we hit the stores. I came home with 4 tops, 1 cami, 1 pair of pants, 2 pair of shoes, 1 pair of earrings, a necklace and a clutch--all for under $300. I also found a to-die-for-dress that I hope to pick-up tomorrow. I'll call it my birthday/Vegas/Christmas party dress. I'm not letting Stephen see it till Vegas. In fact, Brenda and I may send the boys to another room while we get dressed. (She found a smashing one too!) If you hadn't figured it out, I am meeting Stephen in Vegas after he is done at LVI for a little birthday celebration a little later this month. Brenda and her husband are going too.


Anyway, I wore one of my new tops, shoes and jewerly today and felt so much better. What I learned: Fun accessories make you not feel like such a "Mom-in-T-shirt-and-jeans" boring. Thanks, Brenda and I look forward to the next episode!

2 comments:

Susan said...

How fun is that? I would love for a friend of mine to come and do that with me.

Falcone Family said...

You don't really need much help. All I did was give you a tiny push to show the world your gorgeous body and encourage you to not hide it..let the fabric touch that skin on those curves! Perfect example is the t-shirt and jeans w/ accessories, I don't remember sharing that one with you. All you!
It was a blast!!! SURE, let's do it every quarter!
BTW, I am glad we did it last night, turns out we are post-poning our spa weekend until a couple of weeks. So,b/c of you, I got to have some fantastic girly time to hold me over a week or so!