Sunday, May 18, 2008

One more "note"


I feel very honored to be included in this little group, Cantare. My voice is not as trained, my mind not as keen, my ear not as astute as my colleagues in Cantare. But, they bring me to another level and challenge me to become better. Kevin Riehle, our director is also an inspiration. His love of music and passion for heart-felt quality is priceless.


During this weekend's concerts I have "gated." This is a term we use in SongPlay when one feels they have had another's experience. I have felt like I was conducting too. It's been 5 years since I have conducted such a group (my masters recital), but he made me remember the joy and sheer fun of it. It is so nice to watch a conductor who truly cares about his singers and players so and really expresses both with hands and face what he wants from the music.


I am so blessed to be a part of this community of music making and life changing. Thanks, Kevin for giving me this chance.

No comments: