Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Add 'em up


Yesterday was Teacher Appreciation Day at Cavett's school. So, before school we went to the grocery store to pick up some flowers. On our way there we were talking about all his different teachers we needed to buy a flower for-Ms. Jan, Ms. Carol, Ms. Carlino, Ms. Frye, Ms. Beth and Ms. Becky. I held up a finger for each teacher. Immediately, Cavett said "5 and 1." I rephrased and said "5 plus 1, makes...." He counted and said 6. He really likes this game. Adding is pretty easy for him. And he can do numbers other than just adding 1. Subtracting, other than our "eating story" (There once was a boy named Cavett and he had 3 bites of food. He ate one and then he had 2 left) is more difficult. It will come, but I'm so glad that he finds learning "fun."


P.S.-Thanks Uncle Tim for the shirt!!! Way cool!

1 comment:

Falcone Family said...

Cavett is one of the smartest kids I know....plus,as a teacher, I know it takes GREAT parenting..way to go guys!