Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Has Sprung


There is nothing better than the change of seasons for me and I must say that Spring is my favorite. Had you asked me several years ago I might have said autumn, but it is now bittersweet and the feeling of wearing "fall appropriate" clothes while sweating is no fun. Winter is dull and blah with weather that can't make up it's mind whether it should be cold and rainy or warmish and humid. Summer is just plain hot.
But, Spring....there is a promise of newness. There are new leaves on trees, beautiful flowers budding, tiny baby ducklings swimming through the pond. The sun is just warm enough that you can wear "spring clothes," but don't feel bad if you have to throw on a light jacket or sweater. Not to metion the gorgeous dogwood trees reminding us of Jesus' sacrifice. It's all a reminder that God renew our earth one day and all will be perfect.
The best part of all is that I am in Shreveport with my entire family. I spent this afternoon during naptime rocking Kendrick in the swing on the screened in back porch. Nothing says Southern happiness more than a porch swing in the warm sun. We are so blessed to have this time together.

On another note, we went to a different park today--A. C. Steere Park. They had the most fabulous Musical Playground. I am thinking "how can I get one of these in Houston?" They are fantastic! The kids loved them and so did we. I told Cavett he could do one more thing before we left the park and he chose to play the instruments. Check out http://www.freenotes.net/.


FYI- Gran and Grampaw seem to be doing better and there is even talk of Grampaw moving back home from the long term care facility. Thank you for all your prayers.



1 comment:

Falcone Family said...

you look gorgeous in this pic...it's definitley a frame-able!