Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Little Lecture






Last night I was reminded of one of the reasons I fell in love with Stephen.


This week the UTMB Dental School called and asked him to come do a lecture today for one of their elective classes on Neuromuscular Dentistry. It was a lot of work to prepare a lecture with a power point on such short notice, but I told him he should do it anyway. Thursday night he worked diligently on it and a bit more at work on Friday. Last night I got to hear the presentation.

It brought back memories from our time in dental school. Nights when I would quiz him on different parts of the skull, or when he taught me the numbers of the teeth or the names of the surfaces. I felt like I was in school along with him. Since we had no kids we really got to talk about what he was doing at school.

As most of you know for the past 3 years Stephen has been going to Las Vegas to LVI, a dental institute for Neuromuscular Dentistry. Since I wasn't watching him study and we didn't really talk about what kinds of things he was leartning out there, I didn't realize how much he had learned.


His presentation was excellent and I even learned a few things. He is well spoken, and just funny enough to keep it interesting. He makes a fantastic teacher. He is so smart not only in the actual field of dentistry but in the other areas it takes to run a business and deal with people. Obviously the folks at the dental school agree with me or else they wouldn't have asked him. I am so proud of him. Maybe this is God's plan for Stephen.


The pictures are actual before and afters of one of Stephen's patients. This man had severe pain associated with his TMJ. After correcting his bite, pain was gone.

2 comments:

Falcone Family said...

The Falcone Family agrees Jennifer. Stephen is an excellent person :-)!!

Unknown said...

Thanks honey!!!