Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's the Final Countdown

Everybody needs a great 80's "Hair Band"  song at least once in their week.  Glad I can provide that for you and now you will be singing it for a while....

This is our final countdown to FIRST GRADE!  On Monday the kids awoke to our 7 day countdown calendar we used last year for starting school.  Last year, each one had school supplies in it.  This year I decided that each day would have a theme. 

7 Days Until School Starts- Creativity and Exploratory Day.

As a type A mom, I'm not good at letting my kids make messes, therefore I decided I needed a day purely devoted to messes.  We can wear old clothes, do it before the house cleaners get here this week and just let go.  It worked pretty well and we all had a great time. 

We blew up a bar of Ivory Soap in the microwave.

Started our rock candy growing crystals.

Stamped with veggies and Legos.  I think I had more fun with the Lego stamping than they did!

Set up our  melted crayon art.

Created 3 dimensional objects with spaghetti and marshmallows.

We didn't even get to everthing we planned to do!  (Peeling 100 crayons took quite a while!)  I think they throughly enjoyed the day and I really need to plan more days like this through the summer next year.  

1 comment:

Candace said...

I especially like the spaghetti and marshmallow thing. Fun! School starts tomorrow here. Woo hoo!!!