Tuesday, August 16, 2011

6 Days Left

6 Days left until school starts!

Today was Backwards Day.  Kendrick woke up first and I greeted them with "Good Night."  He looked at me very confused.  I continued talking backwards and he ignored me saying "I'm hungry."  I said, "What do you want for dinner?"  He started to get frustrated, not understanding until a couple of minutes later when Cavett woke up and opened up the calendar.  We were to walk backwards, talk backwards, eat backwards and wear our clothes backwards. 

They finally got the idea and agreed to Cheese and Mac for dinner at 7:30 AM.  The clothes were chosen and worn backwards including underwear and shoes.  We were walking backwards when we remembered--though the grocery store was the most interesting. 

We also were able to finish a few of our crafts we didn't do or hadn't finished from yesterday.   Slime (Glue, Borax, and water) was up first.  Kendrick made green and Cavett made blue.  Once it was mixed up Kedrick didn't want to have anything to do with it.  On the other hand, Cavett loved playing with it. 

We also finished our crayon art.  It turned out pretty well, but if we ever do it again, I'll use all Crayola Crayons.  The Dollar Store brand didn't melt very well.  It will probably hang in the game room upstairs. 

To close out the day we of course had breakfast for dinner--waffles, bacon and fruit--with our friend Walker who was spending the evening.  He even got into the spirit as well and turned his clothes around. 

1 comment:

the mama said...

Jennifer - I got to your blog from Candace's.....I want to thank you for being an inspiration for me! You are so good about doing meaningful activities with your boys - thank you for sharing them here so those of us who are not so type-A can glean from your organization and creativity! The ivory soap experiment was a hit around here.
emily dodson jarrett