Monday, August 16, 2010

The Countdown

We begin today the count down of "Back-to-School."  I found this idea in the 2009 August issue of Family Fun Magazine and thought we'd try it out.  Each day Cavett has a little surprise to open.  It's mainly school supplies for his desk here at home--pencils, erasers, pencil box, markers, dry erase lined writing board, etc. 

We began the early bed times last night and also added in the alarm clock this morning. 

It's bittersweet.  He's growing up, but this also means I am growing up too.  With more responsibility for him, comes more outward, public responsibility for which I am "graded"--meaning no heading out of town every Thursday for the weekend, getting up earlier and having lunches made everyday, making sure he has all his homework done. 

It will all be good for him, as well as me.  Just as Judah took on the responsibility and asked his father to take Benjamin to Egypt to see Joseph, God has given me this privilage and I will take my sons on this journey into the big picture of life and be responsible for them both. 

It is time and we are ready. 

Then Judah said to Israel his father, "Send the boy along with me and we will go at once... I myself will guarantee his safety; you can hold me personally responsible for him. If I do not bring him back to you and set him here before you, I will bear the blame before you all my life.  Gen. 43: 8-9

1 comment:

Allison said...

Great idea! Yes it is bittersweet, but he is gonna love it. I still can't believe my little Maxman is starting FIRST grade on Wednesday.