Wednesday, August 25, 2010

BSF

This year I have answered God's calling of being a BSF children's leader.  As a former teacher, I had been asking God for some sort of outlet for me.  This was not the plan I expected, but I believe he has great plans in store for me.  Plans to grow my own faith, as well as to share my faith with little ones.    I was/am apprehensive about the commitment and work to be done, especially in the fact that we are studying Isaiah this year.  Have you read chapters 1-39

**BSF Spoiler Alert**
If you are taking the class next year, here is either a preview or a warning, if you'd rather be surprised...

The main teaching for the children is done through story telling and it is to be memorized.  So, as I was reading Isaiah this summer, I just kept worndering, "how am I going to tell this through captivating story telling?"  Well, let's rephrase, "how is God going to tell this story?" 

Today, I received my teacher's manual and began skimming through the lessons and was relieved.  There are some great storied included other than just Isaiah:  Jesus' birth, Walls of Jericho, Jonah, the birth of Samson, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, Saul, Moses' "Let My People Go," Paul and Silas in jail, Jesus' sacrifice, Jesus and Peter.  Along with these stories there are many from Isaiah that lend themselves more to story telling as well as just more explaining the words God gave Isaiah and what they mean for us.  So, for now as long as God can help me memorize (which I do not doubt), I am feeling a bit more confident.

As for the music side of my job, I am jumping for joy!  Out of the 18 songs I will be teaching, I know all but 6 of the tunes.  And, of the ones I don't know they have a very melodic line, easy to memorize and teach. 

I still don't know which age group I'll have, but I am confident God will put me where I am needed and can contribute the most. 

I am looking forward to this new experience and also taking Kendrick through the walk with me. 

1 comment:

Candace said...

Can't wait! You're going to be perfect at your BSF job. Love you! :)