Friday, June 13, 2008

TGIF


We made it through a week of Vacation Bible School! It was a whole lot of fun and I really enjoyed it, just a little exhausted and miss my work-outs. I know Cavett had a good time as he has been singing and dancing all week. He loves the "Surfing" Beach Boy style songs. Today they had an assembly with all 470 kids together, singing and dancing. Cavett found me in the crowd and loved looking back to see if I was watching him sing. Absolutely precious. He also learned the "Be"-Attitudes for the week: Be Obedient, Kind, Forgiving, Bold and Believe. His favorite are obedient and kind (as they should be for a 3 year old.)

As for teachers, it's so nice to have such good people taking care of my kids as well. I am so thankful for the time and care they have given them. Both Cavett and Kendrick's teachers talked about how strong and smart they are.

After teaching for a week I am reminded that not all children are like mine. There are some that may have more energy, some that need 24/7 attention, and some that need more help. I think God gave me this week and several children in my class with needs to remind me to be thankful for my own children. We are so blessed to have such strong, independent, smart, healthy, stable kids. I love you, Cavett and Kendrick.

No comments: