Saturday, June 28, 2008

My First Blog Award


I'm so excited! This morning I won my first blog award from Melissa at Motherhood for Dummies. It's a little silly, but fun to be noticed. So, thank you so much, Melissa! You are too kind.


Now, in Academy award fashion....I would like to thank my dear sons and husband without whom it would not have been possible. I would like to thank anyone I have ever blogged about. I would like to thank my sister Candace who introduced me to Blogger. I would like to thank Comcast and Dell for providing me with internet access...ok, I hear the music coming on I better wrap it up. Thanks Mom!!!!

In receiving this award there are some rules. You must.....

1. Chose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name of and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.

4. The award winner and one who has given the prize has to show the link of Arte Y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5. To show these rules.

I'm passing this award to..................

1. Candace at This Little Light of Mine What can I say, she introduced me to the blogging world and has some of the most inspirational blogs ever. She should write a book instead. Not to mention, my niece and nephew are pretty cute to look at! :)

2. Brenda at The Silver Lining Brenda is a special, quality friend in my life and I love that she is blogging. I love her new design and the pictures are beautiful. I love getting a glimpse into what life is like with a high-school/college kid as well as getting a dose of girly-girly 3 year old too.

3. The Rupps at But a Breath The Rupps are actually my sister Candace's friends. But, they are great fun! Ok, hilarious and serious all together. Not to mention I admire them for picking up their lives and moving to a far off country to be missionaries. Here's one of my favorite posts. http://rupplife.blogspot.com/2008/04/snapshot-of-our-lives.html,

4. Kumar at Wondering About God This is one of my best friend's preacher friends. Humorous and insightful. It's always interesting to read from another religion's perspective. Here's a favorite post. http://wonderingaboutgod.blogspot.com/2008/04/revenge-is-sweet.html
5. It's a tie between Karen at The Degenhart Family and Jonny at Jonny on the Spot The problem is is that neither one have posted lately. Again Karen's posts run along the same lines as Candace and I get precious pics of nephew, William. With brother Jonny, I laugh my b*tt off! See post http://jonny-on-the-spot-blog.blogspot.com/2008/03/jonnys-ten-thoughts.html


3 comments:

Falcone Family said...

What a FANTASTIC Post Jennifer!!

Thank you for introducing me to this Blog World. It will be such a special gift for the girls one day when they see their lives published...all thanks to you!

P.S. I would have voted for you to receive the honarable mention!

Dani said...

I can see why Melissa picked you to win this award! Your blog is awesome. And the pictures of your family are great! I love the post about your marriage vows....

Laski said...

I'm a big blog hopper (especially when there is a house that needs to be cleaned). I came over from Melissa's (MFD) blog. Our babies are only a month apart (I think). J turns one in August (he was a month early). I'm always excited to find new blogs of moms with babies the same age. And, the fact that you have TWO means you're an old pro :)

Congratulations on your award!!! It is fun to be recognized and get some bloggy love, isn't it???