Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Children's Museum





The Children's Museum of Houston set up shop again this summer in the Sugar Land Town Square. I'm not sure whether it is just better this year or Cavett is older and can appreciate it more, but I think the former is true. We had a great time today and they even had a great baby play place where I would have love to let Kendrick roam for an hour or so.

When you walked in there were several mathematical/geometrical experiments using shapes, fractions and probability. My favorite as well as Cavett's was a board numbered up and down 1-8 and then across 1-33. You placed little wooden balls in the different holes and cranks the wheel. As you turned the wheel the board moved and dropped the balls on xylophone bars at the end. WAY COOL!

It's not as big as the real thing downtown, but that also cuts down on the craziness! So if you get a chance to head there this summer, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jennifer!

I'm glad you had a delightful time at the Discovery Center. Thank you for sharing those wonderful photos with the world!

Best regards,

Henry Yau
Children's Museum of Houston
PR Associate