Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Cake

Tonight I finished Cavett's birthday cake. He picked out a triple chocolate and the icing colors and we baked it up Tuesday afternoon. I assembled it Tuesday night and added the crumb layer. Tonight it is complete. I may have smurf colored hands from tinting the fondant, but I feel good about this one. Each time I bake one, it is like climbing a mountain, and a different one each time. It's a challenge, but one I thouroughly enjoy. Maybe my kids will never notice that we always baked the cake together and I iced it. Maybe they won't notice that it isn't store- bought-perfect. But, they will always know that I wanted to spend time with them sharing one of the things that I love to do with them.

To see past cakes click here.

P.S.- Marion, if you are reading this, I think of you every time I ice a cake now (for many more reasons than "Batter, batter")! Love you and can't wait to talk to you soon!









2 comments:

Allison said...

The cake looks great! The kids had a blast and told me all about roaring back at the dinosaurs. They also said the cake was yummy! Sorry that I missed it.

Candace said...

Are you kidding me? That cake was way more perfect than a store bought one!!!