Thursday, January 7, 2010

Catch Up

It's already a week into 2010 and I am playing catch up. This is not a good sign. What is probably going to happen is that I will be bloggin on the go from my phone. It will be like a Facebook status update, just so that when I put my book together next year, I will remember what is going on. Don't get me wrong, I will write what is on my heart every now and again, but I just need a break from putting pressure on myself. With that will be a simpler design that will load up faster and easier.

In the meantime, here's what's been going on.....


Last Saturday we took Dad to experience the Heard Museum and to sign up for Cavett's birthday party which will be held there later this month. We enjoyed being with each other, the trails and the nature around us.














Sunday we celebrated Stephen's 33th birthday. His mom came over for a few hours and gave him an extremely precious gift--his Dad's watch from when he received his PhD. We ended the evening by playing Beatles Rockband as a family. Take a guess who was on vocals...






Wednesday was the kids first day back to school and my first day back to BSF. I was driving in the back way to the church through the windy driveway and looking at our neighborhood when I hit the curb and blew not one, but two tires. All I could do was look on the bright side--the kids weren't with me, I was in the parking lot, I had something to occupy my time until Stephen came and got me. It was inconveinent, but it was ok. It could have been worse. The best part was watching Stephen teach Cavett how to change a tire that evening.




Today, Cavett and I spent quality time learning how to tie his shoe. We made up a little story about 2 little boys.....







"There once were two little boys going opposite directions. One day their paths crossed and they began to talk back and forth. They became closer and tighter friends. Then one day, they decided to play a game. Kendrick said, 'Go around me and pinch me.' Then Cavett said, 'Now you go around me and I'll pull you through between my legs.' After that they became tight friends."






A little corny, but it seemed to work. He just needs to figure out which string to pull to make the other loop.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Looks like 2010 started off awesomely for the Hills! Yippie! I hope Cavett doesn't ask me to repeat the shoe-tying story this coming weekend, I don't think I can keep it straight. I am a huge believe in the "bunny ears" method :)