Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa Claus and the Lemme's


Cavett was invited to Max's house Friday night for his birthday. Cavett was very excited, as he has very few friends since moving. His Mom and I met through our blogs about a year ago and we have been "spying" on each other ever since. He birthday party was a success and Cavett even got to sit on Santa's lap.


Side note: We are really trying to completely ignore Santa, but not tell him it is all make-believe yet. However, I am wondering what is going to happen on Christmas morning when there are no presents from Santa. I just don't know if I can bear the sadness.

Last night, Max's family came over for dinner. We had a great time with our new friends and I got to use all my "new-to-me" china and silver. Here's to many more dinners and playdates!

2 comments:

Falcone Family said...

whoah, I really applaud you on the Santa effort. Somehow, on Christmas morning, I am sure you will handle this just fine...you always do.

Allison said...

We were so glad to get to have Cavett come to Max's party. We were also glad to have dinner with you guys. It was a lovely meal and I think a good time was had by all, so much so that my kids didn't want to leave (sorry for the meltdown).

I had no idea that you weren't doing the whole Santa thing, so I am so sorry for subjecting him to that at the party. I hope it all works out.