Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Advent Day #2

God is in even the littlest insignificant things in our lives. This morning when I woke up it was snowing. Not a light, cute snow, but really snowing. I enjoyed it while I showered looking out the window and then thought, I have to at least wake up Cavett to enjoy this too. So, after fixing my hair, I snuck in to his bedroom and quietly whispered to him, "It's time to get up. There is something I want you to see out the window." It took him a minute to wake up, and groggily went to the living room.



He was a bit confused and I'll blame it on still being asleep. I asked him what he saw and he said, "It's raining." Nope, try again. After thinking about it for a second or two he realized the significance. He had seen it last winter in Sugar Land for about 30 minutes, but this hung around an hour and slightly accumulated on things. It was beautiful, amazing, awe-inspiring.

I then remembered our Advent calendar. He went to open the door and read the piece of paper. "Make paper snowflakes." Another God-incidence. What a great gift on this very cold and blustery morning. He is in the little things.














After school we made our own snowflakes, each one very different reminding us of His own creation and how we are all very different. Paper bits flew everywhere and Kendrick used scissors for the first time. No eyes were poked out or hair cut for now.










Hopefully, this white stuff will come around again. Just one of the perks of living in North Dallas.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Wow!!!!! That is amazing. God does speak to us in unique ways, doesn't He?!

Candace said...

WOW!