Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Big Orange Pumpkin Patch


This afternoon Dad left to go back to Grand Saline and we needed an outing to fill our day. We chose the Pumkin Patch just northwest of McKinney. I knew it would be a bit muddy, but we decided to brave it anyway.
























We drove up and we were the only ones there for a while which was nice. The boys loved chasing the chickens as they cock-a-doodle-doo-ed like crazy. There were longhorns, sheep and goats to feed. Cavett really got into it. One goat even took away his cup and decided to feed himself. Kendrick fed the longhorn one nugget and decided he had had enough of the feeding. Unfortunately, the patch was entirely too muddy to get into, but we were still able to have a tractor ride through the grounds.
















The boys had a good time. Momma, not so much. I think if I am going to be a "boy momma", I need to get me some rubber boots too! I have also given up on the whole idea of trying to get a good picture of the two of them together. It happens so rarely and with MUCH coercion. It just isn't worth my sanity. If only I could post all the pictures I took so you could see the progression to get one good one.




















As for the rest of our weekend, Cavett is finally fever free and will go to school tomorrow after which we will head to Grand Saline until Saturday afternoon for Cavett's soccer pictures and game. Please keep the whole Hill family in your prayers.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Great pictures! Love you guys.