Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Communal Living


For the second time in less than a year, we have found ourselves living with our dear friends, the Falcones. Last summer I committed to teach Vacation Bible School at St. Luke's in Houston thinking that we would still be living here. Well, God had other plans on that front, but I decided to stick with my commitment and come back down to teach for the week. We had nothing better to do in Allen anyway.

So, Sunday morning we packed our bags and the kids and I drove down to stay with Brenda, Sammy, Isabela and Crystal for the week. I even coerced Brenda to teach with me. We have had a good time so far and I love that Cavett is sharing this time with Isabela.

There has been lots of yummy Mexican food eating, pretend doctor playing, swimming, and Mommy time. Hopefully, we will get to add Daddys to that mix on Thursday night. Stephen is done working in Allen tonight and will join us here to work in Sugar Land the remainder of this week.

We are heading down to Sugar Land as well tonight for the Smith's kids birthday party and to visit old neighbors.

Wonderful friends warm your heart, help you keep things in perspective, solve your problems, and are like family. Great neighbors who become your good friends are hard to come by, but when you luck out as we have in the past, are just as irreplaceable. I know we will find more friends in our area to add to the handful we have now. But, this visit has been good for my heart and soul as I hope I have reciprocated to others.

2 comments:

Allison said...

How wonderful that you could get down there to spend some time with dear friends who I am sure miss you already.

Candace said...

Amen, sis!