Monday, January 19, 2009

Family Moment Monday


Have their ever been times in your household where the kids say...."I'm bored." "What can I do?" Heck there are sometimes when I say that as I am with the kids too! We have remedied the problem to some extent in our house.


This week Cavett and I brainstormed about things to do or play with. We wrote them down on a piece of paper and he cut them into little strips. We found a mug and have re-named it the "To-Do" mug. When we don't know what to do, we draw a piece of paper from the mug and we must do whatever it says.


Here's our list of "To-Dos" (notice TV and Wii are not included)


  • Dress Up

  • Mr. Potato Head/Robot

  • Dominos

  • Blocks

  • Legos

  • Activity Book

  • Play Dough

  • Army Men

  • Puzzles

  • Hot Wheels

  • Craft

  • Board Game

  • Color/Draw

  • Monorail Train

  • Read books

  • Cards

  • Stamps

  • Science Experiment--try here and here and here

  • Math Puzzle/Game

  • Spelling puzzle/Boggle

  • Write a letter/card/salt

  • Outside

  • Pool

Of course the last 2 are only when the weather is condusive.


Hope this helps you beat the winter blues! Happy Family Moment Monday!


Hosted by: Melissa at Motherhood for Dummies

4 comments:

Allison said...

I am TOTALLY stealing this idea! Thanks!

Melissa said...

I am going to have to save these... it is going to be any day now when Lucy starts saying "I'm board"... I just know it! :) I will have to start planning now :)

Candace said...

I like it... a "to-do" mug. Great thought.

Falcone Family said...

Spoken like a true teacher!