Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bugs!

We made it to Grand Saline today with only a few mishaps. There was a treacherous bathroom experience at Chick-fil-A where an extra large drink was spilled and there was no baby changing station. (Have you tried juggling 2 kids in a public bathroom and you need to potty too?) Then there was major traffic delay due to an 18 wheeler accident on I-45. Eventually, I decided to brave the terrain and get to the feeder road, only to find that after passing the accident, the on ramp was under construction and closed and the feeder road ended. Stephen, my GPS, came in handy. After a bit of a scenic route, we made it back on track.


After dinner we spent some quality time outside enjoying the strong breeze from what, I am assuming, is part of Hurricane Dolly. Cavett found his bug catcher and was determinded to find bugs. First to be found was a locust shell, but he didn't want anything to do with it. Then the ant intrigued him. But, we are in East Texas--fire ants. Need I say more? I kept turning over rocks to try and find a roly-poly, but no luck.


Finally, I found a cricket and captured him. I really can't believe I did it. Something just came over me. I haven't touched any bug like that in years. I even had some kind of bug "juice" on my hands. ICK!!!! We managed to get him into the "Bug Catcher Jar" and Cavett was pretty excited. As bed time rolled around, we convinced Cavett to let him go and that we would catch him again tomorrow. We'll see.

1 comment:

Falcone Family said...

Yes!! I get you...we did the same thing at Memorial Park,...I can't believe I said to Isabela..."let's look for bugs and tadpoles in the puddles!" grosss is what I was really thinkging!! What is happening to us!!! glad we still know how to come together as girls, though!