Thursday, April 17, 2008

What's a Mom to do?

We went back to the strawberry farm today to pick strawberries for the baby shower on Saturday. This time our friends, Brenda and Isabela went with us. It was a good time with perfect weather conditions. We even had a picnic afterwards, that's when the trouble began.


Last night was choir practice, so we didn't get the kids to bed until just before 10:30 p.m. Then, Kendrick woke up at 6:30 a.m. and Cavett at 7. This is highly unusual, especially for the morning after choir practice. So, by noon, Cavett was being bossy with Isabela and grouchy as well as I had very little patience. (Not one of my proudest moments for Brenda to see. No good parenting here.) During our picnic, I was struggling to get Cavett to hold still and eat his sandwich. I had forgotten to cut it into 4 pieces, so he was having a difficult time and couldn't decide on how to hold it--in the bag, out of the bag. Eventually I had to tear it apart. As I was feeding Kendrick during the ordeal and trying to carry on an adult conversation, Cavett had slipped off and was trying to undo his pants. He needed to pee. Seeing no bathroom nearby and being in the middle of feeding Kendrick, I just let him drop his drawers and go. To top it off, not only did he drop them, he took them completely off. Afterwards, he said he wanted to poop too, but he really didn't need to. I had to nip that in the bud. I think it was just that he was outside and different. All you can do is just have to laugh in this situation. Guess he didn't need his privacy today!


We barely made it home before Cavett crashed. We had to count all the flags and cranes that we could see as well as ask him for directions to keep him awake. All is quiet now with both kids asleep. I better get a shower while I can!


Credit goes to Brenda for having quick camera reflexes!

1 comment:

Falcone Family said...

He is going to hate you and me one day for this pic!! But, gosh, that was such a cool moment to witness! BTW, I don't know what you're talking about...not good parenting?? I beg to differ.