Thursday, October 7, 2010

Art Lessons

I'm happy to report that in the past 10 days Cavett has only had one yellow day instead of green at school.  I think we are getting the behavior figured out and what is expected of him during the day.

On another note, I didn't quite realize how much drawing and coloring was required of the Kindergartener.  We aren't doing as well in that category as in the reading area.  So, today when he brought home this  paper, I decided we needed to have a little art lesson.  Not that I am the artist at all, that is my brother, Jonny.  But, Cavett needed to know how to draw clothes on his stick/big belly person.

The object was to place the necessary items on your person as the weather indicated.  If he could have just written--scarf, hat, umbrella, boots--he would have been fine.  But, no.  Drawing was required.



Here is his final masterpiece.  Hopefully, some of these little tips here and there will help him bridge the gap until just writing is required. 

2 comments:

teachermel92 said...

Did the teacher put those sad faces on there? Shame on her.

Unknown said...

The sad faces are constant. I'm beginning to think that different learning styles aren't being addressed.