Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Four Funerals and a Wedding

I know, it's backwards from the movie Four Weddings and a Funeral with Hugh Grant, but that has been the story of the past 8 weeks. But, let's highlight the happy part of this--the wedding. It was my Dad's niece/my cousin, Leah Dahms. We travelled to Austin for the ceremony and got to spend some time with friends the night before. It was Kendrick's first time in a hotel which both boys were very excited about. They both slept in the same bed and they went to sleep fine (from what Crystal said). Saturday, while I was Bridesmaid brunching, the boys headed to the Inner Space Cave just north of Austin. They had a great time and saw some really cool formations while I hit South Congress Street to shop with my sisters, sister in-law and my neice.














That evening we drove into the hill country to a gorgeous mansion. The ceremony was supposed to be outside, but it had rained too much the day before. It was a different kind of ceremony than I was used to, but it was still fun to watch my 88 year old grandmother dance back down the aisle for the recession. Dinner was a full spread of yummy BBQ followed by dancing. We all got our groove on and had a great time. Cavett was way into dancing and shook his little booty all over the place. I never seemed to get a good pic of AG and Cavett dancing, but there was much of it. Unfortunately, the camera was in the car during the majority of the time and I didn't get a pic of the beautiful bride, but it was so good to be around the Dent side of my family and have some happy.

No comments: