This year we decided to change up our advent calendar. We have a box with little doors and typically there has been a piece of candy in each one. After reading my Family Fun magazine for December, we came up with a better idea. Stephen and I made a list of things to do each day instead. Some may be crafts, baking, winter activities, showing kindness, or reading something specific.
Here are a few ideas if you are interested in doing the same:
- Make paper snowflakes.
- Look for a surprise in your lunch box.
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights.
- Go caroling.
- Read Luke 1.
- Shop for a toy to give to a needy child.
- Something fun is happening tonight, wait and see!
- Snowman pancakes.
- Go ice skating.
- Wrap a present for your brother.
- On Christmas Day it will say "Find the reason for the season hidden ____ in the house." And there they will find the nativity baby Jesus wrapped up.
Hopefully, they will enjoy the change and look forward to it just the same as well as save a few calories and tooth rot. :)