I keep getting tagged to do this on Facebook. So, I finally broke down and did it tonight. Thought you might enjoy as well.
1. I have never dyed my hair.
2. I love my freckles, but I hate that now that I am over 30 they are called "age spots". I also love freckles on other people.
3. Which, this is why I am attracted to redish auburn haired people. Never dated one though. I did have a crush on one since Kindergarden though.
4. I went to a High School and a college that didn't have football which is why I am not very interested in sports and I don't understand the mentality.
5. I am addicted to the internet and to blogging. When I started my blog in the summer of 2007 I had no idea what I would write about and now I can't stop. I used to think I was a terrible writer and I thought I had major issues with writing in college. I guess I got over it.
6. My first car was a Buick Century that my Dad bought me. Not soon after I ran a red light and totaled it. Unfortunately, it was after school and it had been Pioneer Day and I was dressed as Laura Ingalls from Little House on the Prarie.
7. Speaking of HS, I was in a weird play with my best friend, Elaine and we played these sort of twins who were literally crazy in a mental institution. We kept playing Stairway to Heaven on our flutes everytime we were on stage.
8. One summer afternoon I was sailing a sunfish with a friend and my Mom was on another boat. We were "racing" and my Mom won. We ended up in the middle of Caddo Lake with no wind and all of a sudden the sky fell out. Rain was pelting us sideways and the Coast Guard had to tow us in. Pretty scary.
9. But, I am more afraid of drowning than of being struck by lightning. I guess it has to do with suffication.
10. That being said, that is why I can't scuba dive and I am a bit claustraphobic.
11. While I was a freshman in HS, I became part of a group in you church youth group called the "Pig Sisters." I guess it started when one of us started laughing and snorted like a pig.
12. If I have to eat fast food, I prefer Chick-Fil-A first, then Whataburger and Subway if nothing else. On rare occasions if none of the above three are options, I guess I'll have Sonic.
13. I always wanted to be a teacher and knew early on that I wanted to teach music. I thought it would be elementary since I missed out on my own elementary music education. But, it never entered my mind that I might have to conduct. But, I went on to LOVE middle school choir. The best age ever!
14. So, that leads to the fact that I got my masters in music in choral conducting. However, I can wave my hands beautifully, but I really don't have that good of an ear or voice to match.
15. So, if I couldn't be a music teacher, I would go back to culinary school. I think I would make a good chef or baker.
16. I couldn't learn how to drive a car until I drove the family riding lawn mower and learned how to sew.
17. Thus, I can make just about anything with a pattern on thw sewing machine and I enjoy making quilts for babies.
18. I love a rousing rendition of John Denver's "Grandma's Feather Bed."
19. From a very young age I knew that I would be in the Centenary College Choir. I also knew that I would find my husband there. It was in my genes.
20. I LOVE to travel. In fact, I was in Girl Scouts though HS because we went to Yellowstone National Park. Another reason I was in the Centenary College Choir.
21. My husband hates the way I say good-bye on the phone. He claims it goes like this, "High pitch, high pitch, high pitch, then a very low pitched 'bye.'" I don't think I really do it though. And speaking of phone calls, I hate them. I'd much rather text or email, although I have gotten better about it.
22. I have the greatest neighbors in the world and I can't imagine being able to find so many wonderful people within a 1 block radius ever again.
23. I love my 3 siblings, probably more now than I ever have. They are my very best friends.
24. My husband, Stephen is absoulety hands down my soul mate and bestest friend. I love him dearly and he amazes me each day. I am awed at how intelligent, caring, good-hearted, fun, and loving he is. And, he is an incredible dentist!
25. My 2 dear boys mean the world to me. I couldn't ask for better kiddos. I adore them.