Monday, March 30, 2009

Fueling Pet Peeve


It seems that I have uncovered a pet peeve of mine when it comes to the gas station. Now that we have a diesel car, diesel pumps seem few and far between. This afternoon after picking Cavett up from school we desperately needed to fuel up at the local Chevron. Every single pump was busy at that point in the afternoon. It seemed strange for a station with 10 pumps, only 4 of which could pump diesel.


There was one station that had a little white car just sitting there and it was far enough away that I decided to back in and scooch up to the pump. I got out of the car and asked the girl if she was using the pump. She retorted,"I'm using it! Can't you see?" Well, actually, she was sitting in her car looking at her credit card and on the phone. I stood there stunned. Really? Was she serious? So, I said, have you used it already? Again, she said, "Can't you see I'm using it and proceeds to pop out the gas tank cover all the while she is still sitting in her car on her cell phone. She also proceeds to tell me that I am interrupting her phone conversation. Well, exxxcuuuuuse me! The nerve! Was it really that necessary to get all worked up over it?


I scoot on down to the far station and by now one of the diesel pumps is free and I get to it just before a dump truck pulls up. I pump my 14 gallons and am on my way. I pass by the white car on my way out to see that she is still sitting there on the phone, not pumping gas, but taking up a diesel space. Uggh.


Maybe I was just sensitive today, because it was that kind of a day, but I'm sure you have had the same problem at one time or another. Just think about which station you pull into the next time you fill up. Is it a diesel? Could you have pulled into another bay leaving the diesel free for that kind of a vehicle?

No comments: