Saturday, March 28, 2015

Day 34 of My Lenten Journey

34.  Small View of God

I don't really picture or think about "my view" of God on a regular basis.  When I do think about my view of God here is what I am looking at.
He counts the stars
    and calls them all by name. He covers the heavens with clouds,

    provides rain for the earth,
    and makes the grass grow in mountain pastures.
He gives food to the wild animals
    and feeds the young ravens when they cry.
10 He takes no pleasure in the strength of a horse
    or in human might.
11 No, the Lord’s delight is in those who fear him,
    those who put their hope in his unfailing love.  Psalm 147:4, 8-11
He sends the snow like white wool;
    he scatters frost upon the ground like ashes.
17 He hurls the hail like stones.[a]
    Who can stand against his freezing cold?
18 Then, at his command, it all melts.
    He sends his winds, and the ice thaws. Psalm 147:16-18

You rule over the surging sea;
    when its waves mount up, you still them.  Psalm 89:9


I also think of God when I see these things. 
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  James 1:17

And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds:the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. Genesis 1:24

So, I think my view of God is pretty big.  He is way bigger than me and I praise him for being omniscient and omnipotent.  

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.  Isaiah 55:8-9


No comments: