Thursday, April 14, 2011

Verdi

Today we said good-bye to our "first child" and sweet dog--Verdi.  He was 13 years old this spring. 

We got Verdi just a couple of weeks before we were engaged, so technically, he was my dog, but Stephen loved him just as much as me, if not more.  We picked him out of a litter in Ruston and of the puppies, he was the shyest. 

He loved to have a ball thrown.  He also would play by himself by batting it against a wall and catching it.  Once we had a pool, he adored swimming, but it didn't bode well for his ears.  He taught me a good deal about parenting--discipline, responsibility, sleeping in bed with me, etc.  Cavett and Kendrick loved playing with him and taking him on walks. 



We love you, Verdi.  See you in heaven.

4 comments:

Allison said...

I am so sorry! I had no idea you had dogs. I guess they are always put up when we come over. I hope you can find peace in his passing. You and your family are in my prayers.

Amber said...

Sad day. These Dents know that pain... Thinking about you sister!

Candace said...

So sad. Love you, sis.

El Comodoro said...

Very, very sorry to hear this, y'all. It's brutal to lose a dog, especially one with so much history with your fam. They see and share so much of our lives... probably more than anyone else.

Don't worry, I'm sure Belle will be glad to show him around.

Requiescat in pace, Verdi.