Friday, July 31, 2009

The Great Exchange-Part II

If you missed part one, go check out my sister's blog. But long story short, she kept mine and now I'm keeping hers.

Part II began yesterday with a quite complicated list of transportation arrangements. Luckily the weather cooperated and both Candace and I made our flights and Candice, the babysitter filled in the interum to shuttle to and from the airport and watch the kids for an hour or two.

Yesterday evening went well--they got thier "surprises" from my trip to San Francisco with Stephen, dinner, bath and bed. Easy. Done by 7:45. All slept through the night execpt for me. I was still on Pacific time and I was too worried about who might wake up and where they might end up if I don't wake up. Z did wake up at 5:30, but hee went straight back to bed.

Today began at 6:30 with cuddles with K in bed. I missed this boy!!! Z joined at 7 with C and AG not far behind and we began breakfast of blueberry muffins. Sesame Street ensued and the cabinets spwed toys while I got dressed and things ready for the day. We headed to Boomerang's at 9:30 for some energy emmision. But it seemed the arcade games seem to take most of the draw no matter that there were no coins to put in them.

We had packed a picnic lunch since it was only to get to 90 today and we headed to a park just off Alma next to the fire station. We ate, we played, we swang and it felt hotter than 90 so we headed home for naps. My fav--cuddling with C and AG on the sofa while watching a movie.

After naps, we snacked and headed back out again, this time to a spray park in McKinney. Now at this point, I'm sure Candace is reading this thinking, "Uh, oh. She's Onion Creeking." But, all was well and we had a great time. I think the best part was when they discovered horse apples. QUite a discovery and so many uses--racing them, trying to crack them, dropping them off high bridges, using them as bowling balls. Luckily, there were 4.

Since we became quite dirty we headed straight for the shower, then dinner and a tribute to Dadoo. Just as we were headed to the bedroom, I came around the corner and found K and Z at the piano. So, "three fingers" showed up to play a few ditties for dancing and singing. It was the highlight of the day. If only it could have been Dadoo playing instead of me. Hopefully, I can post video soon.

I feel like I am doing a pretty good job at this. Now don't get me wrong, it's hard, way hard, but I'm hanging tough. Check me on Monday though.

P.S.--I know you are wondering about our trip and maybe I'll get around to it, but suffice it to say, we ate and drank well and it was much needed after the past 7 months.

1 comment:

davis family said...

So impressed Jennifer! In fact, you seem to be handling it so well, I could send another one or two your way! Have fun... call if you need some reinforcements.