Sunday, May 10, 2009

Shout Out Sunday




Today's "Shout Out" goes to Marion Watts Brown. Now follow this, she was my Dad's best friend's (from college) daughter and then becae my college friend. Both her Dad and her brother are the namesake for my second son, Kendrick. Now that that is straight....




It had been four years since I last saw her on her wedding day. Much had happened to both of us in the past four years. WHen she picked meup at the airport, it was like her wedding day had been yesterday. We didn't skip a beat. In fact, my face literally hurt from laughing and smiling all weekend. We are soul mates--kindred spirits as another one of my longest friends would say. We know each other so well and can confide in each other about anything. It was so good to reconnect.




And, she has a beautiful baby boy, Harrison Charles! He is just precious. I had great fun spoiling and cuddling with this dear child of God. Harrison, I hope that I see you again before you are four! We really need to remedy this situation.




I also have to give a shout out to her wonderful husband Nathan for letting us have our girl time. He was the perfect husband!




What a delight it was to see these new parents in action. Y'all are going to be great parents and I can't wait to watch your family grow.

1 comment:

davis family said...

How is it that you and Marion both look even better that you did in college?! Seriously, that is a beautiful picture of you both. What a precious baby, I'm sure you had a great time holding one so little. I hope things got better for Steven over the weekend, Trumon said they had a rough night on Friday. Sorry we didn't get to see them, we had so much going on that it just didn't work out. Looking forward to your big move, and seeing you all soon!