Sunday, November 7, 2010

Grocery Stamps

Back in my childhood I remember going to the neighborhood Brookshire's grocery store and when we checked out we were dialed up "green stamps.". These stamps were then eagerly licked and placed in a booklet later to be redeemed for some houseware.

The utensils that we ate off most of my childhood were bought with green stamps and I'm sure there were other things as well.

After this evening's visit to the grocery store, I chuckled as I was given a booklet and stickers to collect and redeem for pots and pans.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but I also love cheaper grocery prices instead. However, after 12 years of marriage, I could use a new sauce pot, since one was Stephen's grandmother's and one I burned carrots on and it never recovered.

Maybe Cavett and Kendrick will love sticking them in the booklet as much as I did.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: