Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Come this time of year, people on Facebook tend to post a "thanks" everyday.  I decided to take the challenge this year and find things that I'm truly thankful for and blessed by.  Here is a compilation of everything that I posted up to Thanksgiving day.  Advent comes early this year, so that is the reason for stopping at Thanksgiving.  I want to be able to not focus on what God has given me, but how he changed the world one Christmas 2000+ years ago.

November 1st- I'm thankful that Jesus conquered the grave and I have eternal life.
2- I'm thankful for healthy kids and husband.
3- I'm thankful to God for the bountiful provisions of basic needs of food, shelter and clothing.
4- I'm thankful to God for a heritage full of ancestors that paved the way for me, giving me role models for life and showing with their actions: their love for God and their dedication to the church and Centenary College.














5- I'm thankful to God for using A. C. "Cheesy" Voran and Will Andress as match makers, putting my parents together and choosing my best friends and husband.
6- I'm thankful that God gave me an incredible mother and a wonderful mother-in-law.



7- I'm thankful to God for giving us different seasons and changes in weather, even day-light savings time. 
8- I'm thankful to God for the gift on music and my voice, even if it is not solo quality. And, I also give thanks for the beautiful mentors he placed in my life: Debbie Talley and Wendy Sharpless. 
9-I'm thankful to God for friends that you can pick up right where you left off, even if it is years in between.
10- I'm thankful to God for giving me the sweetest sisters (and sister-in-laws) on the planet.

11- I'm thankful to God for all the men and women who have giving their lives to serve this great nation for our freedom. 
12- I'm thankful to God for sweet cousins my kids get to grow up with.

13- I'm thankful to God that we can worship Him wherever we are and that He is in control.
14- I'm thankful to God for my Daddy who I miss very much on this, his birthday.

15- I'm thankful to God for giving me such a sweet husband and best friend who takes care of me and loves me unconditionally.

16- I'm thankful to God for giving me Cavett and for his sweet sense of empathy toward others.
17- I'm thankful to God for giving me Kendrick who keeps making me laugh and his endless supply of hugs.

18- I know I've kinda already said thanks for her but, gotta do it again. I'm thankful to God for my sweet mother-in-law who drove 3 hours round trip just to bring me some soup to help me feel better.
19- I'm thankful to God for quite time and family naps.
20- I'm thankful to God for rain.
21- I'm thankful to God for my BSF class.
22- I'm thankful to God for the Holy Spirit's enabling, strength and endurance that I desparately need today. 
23- I'm thankful for my big families on both sides. 

24- I'm thankful to God for who He is and how he has revealed himself to me. 

2 comments:

Candace said...

Great list for sure. You're a very blessed lady. And I'm thankful for you, too.

Melissa said...

looks like you guys had a good thanksgiving