Monday, October 31, 2011

Home Improvements




We've had a couple of home improvement projects in the back of our mind for sometime now.  For a year, I have been looking at a paint chip in the powder bathroom, wondering if it was too "out there."  Saturday morning I woke up and decided that today was the day.  I was just going to do it.  If I didn't like it, it could always be repainted.  Turns out it was perfect and I love it!  It goes beautifully with the prints I found under the bed at Gran's house.  Maybe it was her brithday coming up that made me decide to do it, and the fact that the bedroom I found the prints in was purple.....





The second project, also related to Gran and Granpaw's house, was the organ pipes.  We found about 50 of them in the attic.  They were from the old organ at Noel Methodist Church (the church I grew up in).  We took about half of them two years ago when we cleaned out the house.  Stephen had always had the idea that they would look great in our rotunda (the round room in the middle of the house, which really has no purpose ecept to house the piano and Christmas tree.)  Stephen engineered a way to hang them without damaging the pipes and working with the round surface and I must say, he did a bang up job.  I think they look perfect.  But, is it bad that I now REALLY want to paint that room now too?  Anyone have a color suggestion? 
I know, I need a plant on the plant stand now...

No comments: