Saturday, September 22, 2007

I wanna go there....


We were sitting in the drive-thru at Chick-fil-A yesterday when Cavett said, "I want to go to heaven." After a short discussion of "I want to go to heaven too, but it's not time yet, you will one day, etc.," we said a little pray and asked Jesus into Cavett's heart. I figured, if he remembers, great. If not, if some tragedy were to happen, at least I did my best trying to teach him about salvation.

I always seems to put a song with experiences like these, and they are usually from my childhood. I guess that is what happens when you are in the music profession. Anyway, the rest of the afternoon I couldn't get "Heaven is a Wonderful Place" out of my head. It's from one of the Psalty the Songbook CD's. I hadn't bought any for Cavett yet, because I hadn't seen them at our local Christian book store. But, I found them online and bought the whole set.

We are all looking forward to the day we get to that "wonderful place filled with glory and grace and see our Savior's face," and see Dadoo again.

3 comments:

Karl said...

Thank you, Jennifer!

What a wonderful display of information and insight that those of us who cannot see you often can enjoy from afar!!!

Love to you all! GUK

Anonymous said...

Can't wait myself!

DD. said...

Cavett and Kendrick are precious in His sight!

Love to all, DD.